US Citizens Take Note


The Internal Revenue Service has announced that it will no longer be issuing taxpayer packs for foreign residents by post. In order to file your form 1040 and related schedules for 2010 and subsequent years, you will need to obtain your own forms.

The easiest way for those who do not use a tax preparer may well be to visit the IRS website at to download the necessary forms, although use of tax return software is another possibility.

There is no change to the legal requirement that all US citizens with income above the de-minimus limit must file returns annually. For more information, see,,id=228162,00.html.


If you  have not already filed your 2009 form 1040, you can download it here.

Share this article